Thread: Ok so I have been fishing and thinking..

Threaded View

I started a blog in 2009. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong...but I don't make any money from it, and wouldn't really know HOW to. It wasn't the reason I started the blog. More, it is just another repository/record of what I love to do (fishing), and it gives me a way to share it with others that might be interested. I think most of what I post on my blog, I usually end up posting in the FAOL forums anyway. Most of the people that publicly "follow" my blog don't visit FAOL.

So...to my way of thinking (which is probably way wrong, just ask my wife) having personal blogs linked to FAOL enriches this site by giving our FAOL community access to additional info if they are interested. You're asking those that make personal blogs available to PAY for that which benefits all of us for free. Although I'm all for providing some way to ensure the continuance of FAOL, I'm not sure this is the solution.

It almost feels like charging folks who wish to submit an article or FOTW...cuz isn't having an article posted here sort of like "free advertising" for the author?
    Last edited by FishnDave; 02-10-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO