... handles everything I need for fishing for a one day outing or a multiple day excursion.

This hydration model holds a first aid kit, a bag with most of the "ten essentials", TP and cleaning towels, bear spray, a bag with an assortment of furled leaders, tippet material and Tenkara lines, an aquarium net for seining, a couple reels ( if not carried in rod / reel cases ), separate fly boxes for small dries, large dries, small nymphs, large nymphs and streamers, plus a Fishpond Chest Pack with room left over for a rain jacket and fleece cap inside, plus it has mesh waterbottle holders and cord to hold a jacket on the outside.

It's always loaded and handy. Just pick out the appropriate rod / reel combinations and I'm good to go.

John

P.S. Did I mention room for a sunglasses case and snacks ?? Wallet, keys, and other small incidentals, like the camera ??

P.S.1 These Camelbak packs are bulletproof. I put close to a thousand days of fishing and hiking outings on my first one. It's still useable, but it is a bit drab from fading and the stitching for the zipper on the main compartment needs some repair. The new one ( in the pic ) does lend to better organization of the contents.