Thanks Scott more good info...

Bear Aware is something I am very aware off,, last year was 5 Grizz and 8 Blacks..

A Thought - do you think the Grizzlies know about the bakery and that is why they are so forward in that area? I was wondering about connection between a bakery up there and the Grizz's..

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
I've only fished the North Fork a few times, never up as far as Polebridge (don't think I ever got more than 20-25 miles north of Columbia Falls). Very pretty water and country, lots of cutts, whitefish and some bows; uesd to be known for it's bull trout fishery and they're still in there but habitat degradation (logging) has hurt that fishery. Got a few nice fish over the years but the majority were small (I usually only fish dries so that may explain results - there are some big holes in there that I'm sure have larger fish). With the snowpack this year, I'd imagine runoff will be done but the river would still be "up", so exercise caution when wading, it's a pretty strong piece of water. Serious grizzly country so if you're camping be very bear aware. Columbia Falls used to be a bit of a hole but they've cleaned their act up; if you do go up the North Fork Rd, the Mercantile in Polebridge is supposed to have a pretty good bakery so you may want to check that out. BTW, if you stop in Whitefish, have a burger at the Bulldog or a piece of pie from Lula's. You might want to get in touch with some of the local flyshops for conditions - Lakestream, Stumptown Anglers, Sportsman Skihaus (Whitefish), Arends (Columbia Falls).

Regards,
Scott