+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duck River at Normandy

Default Duck River at Normandy

Jack Hise,
    Do you know at what locations they have stocked on the Duck this year?
    When I last fished, back on Nov 16, I caught trout from the dam down to below the second bridge and nothing at Cortners or the Dement bridge.
    I want to get back down there as soon as they lighten up a little on the flow.
    Thanks in advance for the info. I always appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
    Regards,
    Wm in M'boro

Wm;
    First welcome aboard!! Good te see another Tenesseean here.

I don't think they stocked at Dement Bridge or Courtner's in Nov. but it looks like they did stock at the 2 bridges below the dam. They should be ready to stock again this month.

Whenever they do reduce the flows give me a shout and we'll chase some trout.

A size 10 (yep 10!) Prince Nymph under an indicator was the hot fly last time.

Default Greetings ....

..... Wm1, and welcome from SW Montana.

See you are off to a good start taking advantage of what this place has to offer. Good for you.

Hope you enjoy your stay. Post some reports and pics once in a while to show off some more of the State of Tennessee.

John
    The fish are always right.

Wm1,

Welcome aboard!! Always good to see another Tennessean!

Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Howdy Wm1 and welcome from SoCal. Looking forward to posts and photos from Tennessee. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hise View Post

A size 10 (yep 10!) Prince Nymph under an indicator was the hot fly last time.
    Yes it was. Gotta love that bobber fishing

By the way Wm1, welcome aboard from The Island Nation of Ohio. Hang on...your in for quite a ride!

Brad

Thanks all for the cordial welcome.

Jack, it doesn't look like the flow will be reduced for a while. Do you know what the "normal" winter level is for Normandy Lake?
    Also, thanks for the fly info. I have only recently started fishing what I call "larger" flies. Now, indicator fishing.......or "bobber fishing", as Kaboom1 calls it, I haven't been able to get into, except when I drop something under a dry fly.
    Yes, I look forward to meeting you on the Duck or Elk soon.

hungNtree, have you been over to your city park to check out the new stockers yet?

All, I hope to be able to report on the Tennessee trout fishing on a regular basis. I finally have my priorities right....I try to fish a couple of times a week when weather and water conditions allow.

Regards,
    Wm in Murfreesboro, TN

Wm;
    It's been a few years since Normandy Lake has even reached it's proper Summer Pool level. Right now it's about 5' above last years level and about 2 1/2 feet over the guide level.

It's been a wet fall!! I see that they are even generating at 3800 on the Elk for the next few days.

If the TWRA holds true to form they should be stocking the Duck this week or next. At 1050 fps it should give the fish a chance to spread out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wm1 View Post

hungNtree, have you been over to your city park to check out the new stockers yet?

All, I hope to be able to report on the Tennessee trout fishing on a regular basis. I finally have my priorities right....I try to fish a couple of times a week when weather and water conditions allow.

Regards,
    Wm in Murfreesboro, TN
    Wm1,

Not yet. I work about 5 minutes from there, I'm thinking about trying it during my lunch hour, but if fish are biting I'll be late getting back. A couple of times a week?!? I'd love to get that in a month! You've got to hook up with Jack and Warren, they are great guys.

Jason

PS I offer all of the board my humblest apologies. This is a family site and I'm sorry for the 4 letter word in my second sentence above. The one between I and about. Terrible word. I'll go wash my keyboard out with soap.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

+ Reply to Thread