+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swap Question for JC or LF

Default Swap Question for JC or LF

I understand that items on the 'for sale' or 'wanted' BB should be deleted when the transaction is completed. My question is: When a swap is completed, should the thread be deleted as well?

Allan

One reason to keep the thread. Very often posters/tyers will post the pattern of the fly they are tying for the swap. While most are available elsewhere, some are unique. It would be nice to be able to go the archives and dredge up a pattern from a swap long past.

Clint
    Clint
    in far west Kentucky

JC,

Was just asking using the For Sale or Wanted bb's as a reference. I'd prefer swaps be kept open so swap hosts and swappers can evaluate who's involved and their history.
    It's too bad there can't be a 'swappers review' for both swappers and swap-meisters. If there were, I don't think it should be based on fly quality because participants may be at different levels of experience. No one should be given a negative review as long as they gave the flies a good effort. The review should be on how they participated:
    - Timeliness of mailing
    - Completeness of what was shipped
    - Drop-out(s)
    - Any problems

Just my $0.02.

Allan

And a good .02 cents it is Allan.

RW

------------------
    "We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring on fishing the wet fly-
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

I for one, Am working on plans to meister a swap,I've been talking with several members...well They offered up thoughts and Ideas to me.....When I open up the thread for this....There will be strict criteria for it....and I have all the intentions that ALL swappers will adhear to it...and this includes the 1. timelyness 2. Particapation....Meaning, I expect if one joins...One will complete their tasks, As scheduled.
    I've also been compiling a list of sorts, Of those who seem to be excessively non-Reliable...With the afore mentioned posts...Please leave them intact. If for no other reasons than this...As I feel a Meister has a right to know who is joining his swap...based on past proformances in earlier swaps....

I don't think it's fair when one guy begs to join a swap...and another offers that man, HIS SPOT.....Only to have that guy ignore the whole damn thing......I've seen this happen...and VERY RECENTLY............of course...These are just a few Pennies.....Tossed into space and left to fall where they may.....

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 24 August 2005).]
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

+ Reply to Thread