+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More on...Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Sca

Default More on...Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Sca

It has occurred to me that if one is using a motor with this craft there is no way you can tip the motor up. Wouldn't this be a problem when trying to come into the shore?

Funny what pops into your head in the middle of the night

Normand Guest

Default Re: More on...Pontoon: Navigator II MADE BY: North Fork/Dave Sca

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Funny what pops into your head in the middle of the night
    I know what pops into my head at night and its NOT outboard motors!

Those were the good old days....

OK no more highjacking....I know...I invited it....but I'm really interested in the answer to this...could be a serious flaw in how I would want to use such a craft.

Normand Guest

i suppose it would be a problem coming to shore like a d-day landing craft. but if you were using an electric motor aren't they adjustable in the vertical direction? you would get close enough to stand and then adjust the motor shaft vertically??

Duckster;
    If you come in full bore and aim it right you could end up right next to the BBQ. Who cares which one! Just eat, change the prop and go do it again!! Not to worry the family whose BBQ you are enjoying has long ago fled to high ground! Of course a camo jump suit and face paint will help too! (don't wear pink or lavender as all you may get is a lot of giggles!) Just think you could become a legand as the "Pirate of the Campgrounds!!". People would leave offerings of fried chicken, potato salad and cole slaw on the beach so you would not have to disturb their camp sites.
    There Duckster, I think I have taken your post off to places as yet unexplored!! How do you like your Chicken??

Duckster buddy, guess what......

Actually this is the old man's...mine is Blue. If you raise the motor you can tilt it out of the way. Got a lot of room to work with, in fact I have had to drop the shaft all the way down to keep it from hitting the bottom of the tube. Not a problem when it is off to pull it right up through the hole. These things are sooooo sweet.

And just look at the storage ....LOL

Joni,
    Thanks...it confirms what I was thinking....

Gotta tell you and the others that helped me...I got my other pontoon sold yesterday...and called today and after a nice discussion with Dave Scadden I ordered it....luckily though I had been previously been told they were 5 weeks out ....mine is being shipped today or tomorrow...I can hardly wait...wish I'd have done it a day earlier...I might have it for the weekend....

Thanks for all your help... this should be as good as it gets for my needs....

PS as a sort of highjack...shipping $12...why did Orvis want $19.95 for a pair of sunglasses?????..I said thanks but no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Joni,
    Thanks...it confirms what I was thinking....

Gotta tell you and the others that helped me...I got my other pontoon sold yesterday...and called today and after a nice discussion with Dave Scadden I ordered it....luckily though I had been previously been told they were 5 weeks out ....mine is being shipped today or tomorrow...I can hardly wait...wish I'd have done it a day earlier...I might have it for the weekend....

Thanks for all your help... this should be as good as it gets for my needs....

PS as a sort of highjack...shipping $12...why did Orvis want $19.95 for a pair of sunglasses?????..I said thanks but no thanks

Hear you on that one Duckster. But I never had to pay full price from Orvis so it didn't matter.
    Did you order the DECK? It does only come with one bag, but it is HUGE!, plus you got ALL THAT ROOM IN THE BACK!

I lucked out, they are like 35 minutes away for me.

Definitely the deck...

Dave said their Oregon orders often arrive in a day two...I'll believe that when it happens...but that's OK...

We'll see but I'm thinking I'm going to be able to launch this puppy as fast as he does his tube.....I'm talking about when I fish with my friend....

Duckster, I think you will find Scadden's boats most impressive in their quality. I've been coveting a pontoon boat for 2 years now, but folks here on the board (and particularly Max in chat) convinced me, if you want to run a river in one, any river, get a high-quality boat. I've heard all kinds of tales about folks hitting rocks and their boats coming apart in mid stream. SO, I waited, saving my money. And kept waiting, since the 'toons I wanted (either an Outcast pro guide series or a Scadden) each cost over $1500!

Found my Scadden Madison River on Craigslist last weekend, and picked it up 2 days ago. The price was 3 digits, instead of 4, and it had never been in the water. The material covering the pontoons is THICK and durable, like a whitewater raft. The slide-out standing platform and lean bar are ingenious, and the frame is extremely sturdy powder-coat aluminum. It has a huge aluminum diamondplate back deck that will take a trolling motor.

The sea trials begin next week at a high desert lake here in Colorado, then I'll have to think of a name to christen the boat with. I think I'll skip the Navy SEAL garb and facepaint, and instead fly a pirate flag!

Anyway, the boat is FAR more sturdy than I expected....it's darned impressive. I'm headed out the door to install some rod holders and my sonar unit! I'll do the sea trial with oars, and try the trollking motor for the next trip.

DANBOB

+ Reply to Thread