+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife and son out of town for a week

Hybrid View

Default Wife and son out of town for a week

I get to spend the week fishing, lounging around the house and don't even have to start cleaning up after myself until next Saturday (or maybe Friday depending on what a mess I make).

Oh, by the way, anyone know how to get the smell of cigar smoke and stale beer out of a house?

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Cigar smoke is impossible. Stale beer can be covered up by failing to let the dog out. It's best to just go fishing and enjoy both outdoors.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

If you spray some cheap women's perfume around, your wife won't notice the cigar smoke. You will, however, have bigger things to worry about.

Blog Entries

The stale beer might be tolerated around here, but the cigar smoke would not. While it would stay in the house, I don't think the Boss would let me stay.

"The man that says he is the boss at home is one of three things. Lying, Single, or just plain Stupid"
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Just leave a window open to air things out. If it doesn't work, you'll at least have an escape route....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnles1 View Post
    I get to spend the week fishing, lounging around the house and don't even have to start cleaning up after myself until next Saturday (or maybe Friday depending on what a mess I make).

Oh, by the way, anyone know how to get the smell of cigar smoke and stale beer out of a house?

Jeff
    No answer for this one, I never could smoke a cigar any where but a stream or lake, sorry you are on your own, so to speak..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Jeff,

Make Febreeze your newest best friend. Smoke with the windows open if possible, but the Febreeze works pretty well. VEE uses it in our car after she's been smoking and I can't tell.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Jeff,
    Anything you do to clean up after yourself will probably be appreciated.
    I know when I go away and leave my husband batching it, I sometimes dread coming home.
    I am just grateful if there aren't any dishes in the sink, the yard has been mowed, and the cat is still alive.Anything else is a bonus.
    Baking soda is also a good scent remover. YOu could always rent an ozone machine like they use in hotels.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Chris
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

My wife and daughter leave Tuesday next week for 5 days. I will have the place all to myself along with the dogs. I don't have issues with cigar smoke as I rarely smoke cigars and if I do it would be outside. Dog smell in the house is another issue. When I am left alone with the dogs they become almost equals and are allowed to roam free in the house. I have yet to figure out a good way to remove the smell. My wife seems to always know the dogs have been inside. Could be she knows I let them in when she is gone and just calls me on it.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Cigars are definitely to be enjoyed. My wife doesn't even mind, but insists I smoke 'em only outside or in the garage. That's fine with me. I usually only have 'em while I'm fishing, and they DO seem to help keep the bugs away from my face, and I seem to catch more if I'm having a cigar. Maybe it relaxes me just enough?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread