Quote Originally Posted by saltydancindave View Post
Remember back in the '70's when those supersonic European jets with the dropping nose first landed at Dulles. used to take 50 minutes to get to Dulles, but then you could park right out front of the terminal for about an hour for a nickel. Those big 747's always looked like they were just going to drop out of the sky, but never did. That was long before they tripled the size of the original Dulles building & there weren't nearly so many traffic lights from Leesburg to Tysons Corner. Seems from about 3 to now over 30 last time back in the area.
I was very sad when the Concorde's were shut down; you felt them before you heard them on takeoff. Speaking of planes falling out of the sky, I remember fishing in Delaware Bay and watching C5A Galaxy's flying into Dover; couldn't understand how something that big flying that slow could remain aloft. You're pretty close on that 30 traffic light guess; off the top of my head, I can name 26 of them (I'm a little shaky closer in towards Tysons and I'd guess there's more).

Regards,
Scott