Thank you Warren and Ducksterman for the kind words, they are appreciated.

David,

Using dubbing brushes does a number of things for you at the bench. First off, you'll be able to create dubbing brushes that give you unique and different looking flies that you simply can't do without a dubbing brush. You will also be able to tie in a nice spikey body in about 20 seconds that is almost indestructable. The leech patterns I tie using seal fur last for well over 100 fish and the're still going strong. Also, as Warren and Ducksterman mentioned, if you don't feel like tying, you can sit in front of the TV and make dubbing brushes for later use. Then when you're at the bench, you really shorten the time to tie any pattern that uses a spikey dubbed body. For warm water, you can add rubber legs to the brushes about every 1/4 inch that make some killer bass patterns. All-in-all, the dubbing brush twister has been one of the most useful tools I've added to the bench. I'll try to take some photos of some of the dubbing brushes and patterns that I make and you can decide if if would be useful or not to you.

Jim Smith