Thread: Shame on me...

Threaded View

Well, it's nice to see some support for my "impulse buy," so I guess I could have done worse. Don't know about "healthy donuts," and the cigar box's value appears to be in question. I think the parts inside are probably worth more than the box. My brother has rebuilt several metalworking machines, so he will be guiding me on this project. He actually had one of these lathes many years ago that was under the Atlas name, and he found it to be a good hobby lathe that you could get decent tolerances with... .001 -.002 if you paid attention to what you're doing. I can't see needing anything closer than that for rod components. I'll have to get out my old Machinery's Handbook and relearn speeds & feeds.

Gotta get back in the kitchen. 7 more loaves of bread to go before I can relax for today.

Hey, shorthaul, when will Tom's rod holders be done. I think you created a monster when you said you made your own for your boat. He wants to go fishing again ASAP, but I've sold more work and need to make some money. Maybe one day this week I can play hookey, but that will depend on the weather.

Joe
    Last edited by Joe Valencic; 08-23-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains