Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
The price of gasoline for fishing trips is still far cheaper than a psychiatrist. We just returned from the Michigan Fish-In ... drove 2022.3 miles ... roughly 30.1 mpg @ $4.25 per gallon ... and I'd do it again in a heartbeat, right now!
Good for you and hubby too! Amy and I just had a discussion about this. We are both doing everything we can to save but we do that anyway. We refuse to let hard times get us down.

Betty has set a great example here folks. Don't let harder times get you down. If you could ask my dad how they got through the depression and W.W.II he would tell you they made do with what they had, conserved everything, counted their blessings everyday and tried to stay as positive as they could. I remember stories about wrapping empty boxes at Christmas just so they had something to put under the tree on Christmas Day. Folks, it could be a lot worse. Count your blessings. I am and that starts with all of you at this board. You all are a blessing to me and I am thankful for it.

Carry on and fish-on.