Marco, I can imagine what the Chain has become. I remember driving up there and fishing by the bridge oh hwy 12? and catching many largemouth and an occasional northern along the rocky shoreline along the road. I would fish under the bridge and catch white bass 'til my wrist hurt.

As far as your chat problem, I would say that since your computer works fine at other locations the problem lies in your home setup. Do you use a router/firewall? If so the setting may be interfering with the Java. Try connecting the computer directly to the cable modem and see if you can get in.

If your not using a router, call your cable company for support.

slenon, do you use SpywareBlaster to protect your browser and block bad sites? If not, I would strongly suggest it. At this time SpywareBlaster has 3596 browser protections and bad site blocks in it's database. One of them could be the one that got your wife.

In addition to keeping all the "anti" software up to date you must also keep your browser up to date, especially Internet Explorer. Mozilla's Firefox browser is much safer to surf with, but it too must be kept up to date.

Do you still have the problem? You can run a program called Hijackthis and see what is loading that shouldn't.
WARNING: Using that program to delete things requires a bit of knowledge and I don't recommend it for the average user.

------------------
Joe

[This message has been edited by flyfisherjoe (edited 12 June 2005).]