Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
Had a Private Message from a B.B. member who would rather be in Wyoming that makes no sense at all, but that is not unusual for that person. To quote:

"Trust that it took ALL the self control I could muster to not comment on your obvious command of the topic of "sinking leaders". You and all who voted for this POS and the HO should be prosecuted for TREASON."

If anyone can enlighten me on what "HO" might mean, I certainly would appreciate it. Thanks.

John
... at myself for how I read the P.M. referenced above. I took the phrase "sinking leaders" to refer to the various methods of getting streamers down when fishing mentioned in the earlier posts on this thread. A subject, by the way, on which I have no command, just a limited familiarity.

So I took the words "this POS" to also refer to the thread that fritz started and wondered what an "HO" is and who were all the folks that "voted" for the thread ?? The thought of prosecuting that small group of people "for TREASON" is what absolutely made no sense at all.

Anyway, after scratching my head for a while and considering who it was that sent me the P.M., I had to laugh at myself. The only sense I could make of the message is ...

... the "sinking leader" refers to POTUS Joe Biden ...

...the "POS ( piece of sh*t ) also refers to POTUS Joe Biden ...

..."you and all who voted for" Biden, meaning me ( and how would anyone know who I voted for ) and the other 80,000,000 who voted for Biden ...

... should be prosecuted for TREASON, which is a crime defined in the Constitution of the United States with a meaning that could no way apply to Americans who exercised their right to vote.

So, if my second take on the P.M. is correct, the person who sent it ( who is more than welcome to come forward on this thread and confirm or clarify that take ) is a lunatic. ( Since I haven't identified that person, I can't be accused of "flaming", right ? )

So let's think through the lunacy, assuming Americans exercising their right to vote can be prosecuted for treason - 80,000,000 people are going to be prosecuted for treason. By how many prosecutors and their staffs, and defended by how many attornies and their staffs. In how many courts. With how many judges and assorted court support persons. With 80,000,000 twelve person juries. Over how long a period of time. And how many children would be without one or more parents for how long ? And who would be responsible for their care ? How many employers would suffer the loss of employees and how many businesses would close with 80,000,000 people at some stage of prosecution for treason, how many personal and business bankruptcies would result from the process. What would the economy look like during and after the 80,000,000 folks and all those lawyers, judges and juries were tied up for how long. That is the lunacy of the idiotic, hateful, deranged message sent to me by a fellow B.B. member, who appears to be a seriously damaged individual.

So that's why I was laughing. At the same time, I pity the lunatic who sent the P.M. What a terrible life one must have to be in such a place.

John

P.S. I still don't have a clue what the "HO" means.