A couple weeks ago my son had some work to do near Fairbanks (inspecting welds on a bridge over the Chena River) and sent me a text with a picture of a grayling in his hand. He had a little time to kill, okay? It was an incredible fish in a very decent photo.

His comment "Yeah, average size was maybe an inch less than that day with Denny up on the Gulkana... I was really surprised at how good the fishing was.

It was at least ten years ago when Denny came up and fished with us and that day still stands as a reference for all things grayling in the mind of a young man with many thousands of grayling behind him. And not only does he have numbers of grayling, he has size. Denny hoped to catch a single fish over 18" to earn the catch and release patch. The fish he entered was over 22" and it had the company of many others over 18". It was caught on a fly tied by Riley with ConRanch Hackle.

But the take-away here is that Denny is remembered by at least one "influenced soul" a long decade down the road.
art