+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just to REstate a GRIPE!

Hybrid View

John,
    "The problem is that interest is decreasing................." And I would wonder WHY? Perhaps if it were more "in your face" , interest in the FIs would increase.. Many of us search and read new replies to all forum topics out of interest and curiosity without having to click on sub categories. If the post topic on the main board stated "Michigan Fish In " for example, it would pique the curiosity/interest of a whole lot more readers. If I saw a post "PA Fish In 2017", even if I wasn't there or intended to attend in the future, I would open and read the post as I'm sure many others would also rather than clicking on Fish Ins and then a sub category.
    I cannot make my point any clearer. CURIOSITY rather/more than specific interest drives readership.
    In any case, thanks for the comments either pro or con.

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 06-01-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    John,
    "The problem is that interest is decreasing................." And I would wonder WHY? Perhaps if it were more "in your face" , interest in the FIs would increase.. Many of us search and read new replies to all forum topics out of interest and curiosity without having to click on sub categories. If the post topic on the main board stated "Michigan Fish In " for example, it would pique the curiosity/interest of a whole lot more readers. If I saw a post "PA Fish In 2017", even if I wasn't there or intended to attend in the future, I would open and read the post as I'm sure many others would also rather than clicking on Fish Ins and then a sub category.
    I cannot make my point any clearer. CURIOSITY rather/more than specific interest drives readership.
    In any case, thanks for the comments either pro or con.

Mark
    THAT being said, are you attending the MI FI this year?
    God Bless America

What are they?
    There have never in history been so many opportunities to do so many things that aren't worth doing. - William Gaddis

Blog Entries

I had thought of that but they issue a disclaimer on the forum page so I don't see why they have it set up that way. With the disclaimer, I don't see a reason to restrict Fish-Ins.

Only the powers to be know or sure.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Being part of the "powers that be" I think that our readers should understand : Our IT guy works for free. Our administrators work for free. Your editor works for free. The access to the site is free. The Fish-Ins were something that was started years ago by Deanna and Jim. I understand that they were great for everyone that participated but time has passed and things have changed. If you want to have a Fish-In have one. Post your information on the BB on one of the threads and have at it.

Hey Brad,
    You must have "brain waved" your suggestion to me last week onaccounta Luba ( my wife of 49 yrs 357 days and the one who's cheek you scared with your errant fly cast) left for Paris yesterday with our daughter. I could not go because to remain "rich" ( as mentioned in the "how the rich flyfish" topic) I have to complete a project under deadline. She will return on the 10th which WILL be our 50th wedding anniversary. I have been told that my "Shark" vacuum cleaner present may NOT be appropriate for the occasion. We'll see and I will report.

Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 06-05-2017 at 02:24 AM.

Blog Entries

No vacuum cleaner is appropriate. We are 1.5 years from #50 ourselves.

Congratulations!

Take the Shark back and buy her a Kimber. Much nicer gift. Gold plated of course. ��
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Blog Entries

Byron, yes they did, sort of. You just can't post about a new Fish-In. Only the Fish-Ins that have been approved by the website administrator, or whoever and have had a slot created for them can be posted about. Brand spanking new Fish-Ins can not be posted about until a slot is made for them.

Must be a reason. Unknown to me as to why.

Larry ---sagefisher---

Blog Entries

Gotcha ! Wouldn't be some sort of liability issue, would it?

+ Reply to Thread