+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ligas dubbinv

Hybrid View

Angler Dave,
    I believe from the notes I have in the bottome of the draw with the Ligas dubbing is that it is for nymphs / emergers. All of the packs I have were purchased in the mid 90's from a local shop that was closing. At the time there were rumors that the company was going to change the dubbing. All of the packs I have have Ligas inc. Boulder Colorado on them and are listed as unltratranslucent dubbing material. When I started working in a local shop in 97 I tried to source it but only could find the scintilla dubbing. I am lucky I have multipule pack of each color and I treat them like gold as they tie some very effective caddis and mayfly nymphs.

steve

Quote Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
    Angler Dave,
    I believe from the notes I have in the bottome of the draw with the Ligas dubbing is that it is for nymphs / emergers. All of the packs I have were purchased in the mid 90's from a local shop that was closing. At the time there were rumors that the company was going to change the dubbing. All of the packs I have have Ligas inc. Boulder Colorado on them and are listed as unltratranslucent dubbing material. When I started working in a local shop in 97 I tried to source it but only could find the scintilla dubbing. I am lucky I have multipule pack of each color and I treat them like gold as they tie some very effective caddis and mayfly nymphs.

steve
    Thanks Steve. I was pretty sure it was used for nymphs but couldn't quite remember.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

After looking thru a few years of magazines, in the Winter 1977 issue of Fly Fisherman there's an ad for Creative Anglers new nymph dubbing material - Ultra Translucent in 28 assorted colors; also soft enough for dry fly bodies. There's another ad in the pre-season Fly Fisherman 1978 issue that lists the colors available. Have 3 packets of the Creatve Anglers dubbing & 2 packets of the Ligas dubbing in the materials tote, which are mostly for crickets & hoppers. Guessing they are the same product & Scintilla is a bit different. Ultra Translucent Dubbing 002.jpg

+ Reply to Thread