+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Get your hanky out for this one....

Default Get your hanky out for this one....

Dying wife presents husband with special gift to remember her by

http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/02/dying_wife_presents_husband_wi.html
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Yep saw that the other day. Read it, choked up and thanked God that I dont have a bamboo fly rod.

My wife is a breast cancer survivor, I sent her the link and told her that she can never surprise me with a bamboo rod now.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Thanks very much for this one. I've still got my bride of almost 49 years and I'm glad I don't have a Boo rod from her. She is in a wheelchair now, as a result of polio when she was a child, but she does go fishing with me. When she retires she will go more often. Again thanks for this, take care, John.

Thanks for sharing...
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong..

rvrwader.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Damn. Jack states that he turned in his man card, I say no ,he has earned a life time membership..

Prayers and good thoughts go out to both of them and the children as well, of course.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

+1 to that. Just keep on keeping on, John.

Cancer takes no prisoners and knows no quarter. My late wife struggled against it for 26 years but I never heard her say "I can't" until the very end. We had 45+ years and they were not nearly enough. It's never easy but God is still good.

The Chronicler

May God Bless all the brave souls and family that fight cancer . You are correct, it gives No quarter and takes no prisoners. I've watched it family and friends. My prayers are for those that fight it and their families. Just keep on keeing on, John.

WOW!!! I don't think I've ever seen a story like this. Mr. Van Oss, you sir, have a diamond encrusted platinum "Man Card". I lost it just reading about it. God Bless you, Ellen, and all your family. You're in our prayers. (My computer screen is blurry, again)

+ Reply to Thread