Well I'm over my wanting to shoot the rapids stage in life LOL our rivers are just tailwaters that while they have some current not too bad unless they are generating then well your choice would be downstream pretty much doubt I'll be paddling up river in that current but heck ya never know. The closest this thin would get to the Gulf would be the marshes some water is deep but most in the 1'-2' range with about 30' of slimy stinky @$$ mud! I tried to wade one weekend down in Cocodrie and well got the boys muddy and my legs were straight! had to do the quicksand dance to get out then change when I got back to the truck. Found a guy that has a 10' Jon boat and my little brother has a 8' buster boat back home that if I get to drive I might just bring it along they are very solid when standing up and it's free

I will still end up with a yak I know mainly for some good exercise as after blowing my knee running is not in my life anymore I need some good cardio PLUS something I can fish out of so when I get back in town I have a shop I need to go check out and they give lessons also so when that day comes I fill the yak up with water I'll be able to get it out and going again. Guys thanks a mess for the advice and opinions it has really helped! Later,

Kirk