Thread: Clear Cure Goo

Threaded View

Here's some more I did over the holiday weekend:

These are easy flies created by sliding glass beads onto the hook, tying on a rabbit fur tail, and then covering with the CCG. Eyes optional:

Below are more minnow patterns using Mylar tubing, on #6 Streamer hooks (3xl).
    This first one I wrapped the mylar around the hook shank...back and forth a couple times,then tied down additional mylar tubing in odd ways, trying to get the body shape I wanted. It really used a lot of material, and wasn't a good solution. But it'll catch fish.

So, the next one I started off the same way (wrapping the mylar tubing around the hook shank), and then put a band of tubing over the top and bottom. Simpler, less material...I left a gap near the bottom (since I wanted a deeper body), which was filled in with the CCG.

Our neighbor and her daughter were visiting, so I showed them those two flies. The Mom thought I should do a PINK one for her. So I did. Even easier still, with tubing just over the top and bottom:

I figured I may as well do one for her daughter. She wanted blue.

Who wouldn't want a chartreuse one (this one is on a #4 streamer hook)??

At this point, they are starting to look similar to Cypert's Minnow, without the weighted eyes.
    Last edited by FishnDave; 06-01-2010 at 06:04 PM.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO