Quote Originally Posted by dudley View Post
Since I've been 'invited' to participate I'll just add that this rally on June 19 may have some bearing with future popular opinion

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/c...e=most_emailed
I'm not really sure what the Neo-Nazi's holding a demonstration at Gettysburgh has to do with a law abiding citizen with the proper concealed carry permits to legally carry a firearm in the parks. I didn't see anything in that article that linked the two issues together.

I have carried a firearm in the Smoky Mountains since the law was passed. However, because it is concealed, nobody would ever know I had it with me even if they were standing next to me fishing. Outside of hunting or back country camping, I'm not a big fan of open carry in crowded areas. I think it's asking for trouble or a reaction. Carrying a firearm for self defense is just that for self defense. It's not to go around saing "Hey look at me, I have a gun".

I've been to the Smoky Mtns. twice since the law was passed and so far, I've not seen anyone outside of rangers openly carrying a firearm. How many were like me with a concealed firearm is anyone's guess.

Jeff