Thanks, all, here and the PMs. Such amazing talent!

David and I were absolutey taken with Bob White's illustration in the previous issue of Fly Rod and Reel (his paintings grace the John Gierach column). I'd agree with Lew that his site and review are worth the visit, but THAT painting... sigh... so nice.

In fact, we were so taken with that last illustration/painting, that we contacted Bob to see if it would ever be available as a print ... we would have gladly begged - grin - but we didn't have to... he's making it available. If you haven't seen it (or can't find last month's mag anywhere), let me descibe it: Its a still life of bamboo rod making, with a Lie-Nielsen plane, the Garrison book, a few cork rings, some old-style spools of silk thread, some shavings, some planed cane string-bound into blanks, etc, all captured in a warmth that absolutely melts my heart. If a pic of it becomes available somewhere, I'll post it if anyone wants to see it! Or you can come to our house - grin - soon, hopefully.

I also like Michael Simon's work very much. David Footer is sort of a neighbor, and a gentle, generous soul. Like Parnelli, we also have objects turned art, especially a couple dear letters and the ticket stub/shavings from David's contribution to a Grayrock "Makers Rod".

Thanks for broadening my artistic vision

Kat

(thanks for the kind words, Alec)