+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some fishy pics from last outing.

Thumbs up Great pics,

Morneb.

Looking forward to the ones you post after your upcoming two week outing !!

John
    The fish are always right.

I agree with John; great pics! The fish are awesome looking!

We need more!
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Great report! Thanks for sharing. Awesome pics, keep 'em coming.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Great report and sweet pics......Well except the broken rod one....... You gotta love fishin with a stimmie!!!!!

OK, I'll be the one to ask...... Morneb, how did you break your favorite rod?

PS. I really enjoyed the great photos and report... I also ask because I am or was considering buying a 864-4 TRS Horizon rod!

TL, Doug.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Thanks for all the comment s guys.

Doug I broke it because of my own stupidity. I was sitting on a high rock taking some pictures after the mornings fishing. I had the rod pinched between my legs hanging over the rock. As I took out my camera it slipped and I grabbed for it (forgetting that it is on a lanyard and wont go anywhere) and my arm hit the rod and snapped it. Realy stupid I know, but I guess the reflexes just kicked in. As mentioned luckily the agents here sorted it out in less than a week and I have been fishing with it since.

Morneb,

So it wasn't the rods fault, that's good because I may order one by the end of next week......

Why is it your favorite?
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

Definately not the rods fault. In fact it has taken some serious abuse in the three years that I have owned it. It is my favourite mainly for sentimental reasons as it was the first stream rod that I purchased (Second hand), but having said that I have a few other 3 weight rods and the Horizon is always the first one I grab. I like the action alot more than any of my other rods as it fits with my casting style. Though it is never needed where I fish this is the only rod where I can shoot a full line without double hauling yet I can still fish up close quite comfortably. The guy I purchased it from absolutely hated the rod, so I guess it comes down to personal preference and casting style. I currently also have a 3 weight TFO professional which I dont like at all and selling soon to get myself another Horizon as an backup.

BTW. How much does the Horizon 3 weight rods sell for in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Morneb View Post

BTW. How much does the Horizon 3 weight rods sell for in the US?
    I haven't found them here in the states... A friend recommended them to me and I am going to order the TRS 4wt. through here: http://www.frontierflyfishing.co.za/

For the 3wt. they want R2290 or $308 US..... I'm going to order the 4wt @ R2370 or $318 US and about $40 shipping.

Can you get them any cheaper where you are in SA?
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

Sadly no. Frontier Flyfishing is the agents for them here. They are also the guys that sorted out the broken section for me. I am sure that you wont be dissapointed in the rod. I really love mine.

+ Reply to Thread