Hello Jeremy, well it is the 'funnest' fishing isn't it ! Ok, the streamers i described are just plain. There isn't even a body...just feathers since i want them to sink ever so slowly. I don't tye weedless but they could be with mono i suppose...which come to think about it would help them suspend longer...so good idea...i might have to try that. I do the latter, i.e. 'work just outside the weedlines' but you may remember i'm working from shore so i have to be careful with that. My whole thing with this is that i'm sight fishing mostly. I'll cast down the bank ahead of me as i move along the shore or out past the weed drop then just watch the leech sink slowly.

Sometimes the takes are fast, sometimes they're lazy but the best part is that i get to see the take and then sometimes i let the bass turn and head back from whence it came then i simply lift, then game on. So far i've not landed the largest i've hooked...something always happens but it sure is fun. I used to love the topwater to be honest but this lake doesn't seem to work that way most times i'm there so i gave it up mostly.

Since i go for smallies a lot too, i better mention that i tye on a #6 streamer for them but i switch to white hen...the smallies here must be taking that for shad fry i'm guessing, either that or a flesh fly because of the salmon. For the smallies the #6 seems to be the size of choice and i tye those so they come out about three inches long.

Hope i'm not hijacin' HideHunter, my apologies if i am.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose