+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's A Sickness

Hybrid View

One of my best producing flys is comprised primarily of cat hair dubbing - he's a nice grayish color, makes for great scuds. Pretty sure when he's called to that litter box in the sky I'll shave a patch off so I can continue to catch trout in his memory.

Quote Originally Posted by AnW View Post
    One of my best producing flys is comprised primarily of cat hair dubbing - he's a nice grayish color, makes for great scuds. Pretty sure when he's called to that litter box in the sky I'll shave a patch off so I can continue to catch trout in his memory.
    Have him stuffed.....why lose a good source ? hehehe

Mike
    Work is something for people that don't fish.

Wow. And here I am feeling bad about staring at my daughter's stuffed animals and pondering the electric shaver I have stuffed in a drawer.

It is really morbid but it seemed reasonable at the time. Having had several dogs over the past decades I've always collected some underfur (or even some white guard hair from our Collie) long before their demise. Right now I'm too embarrased to use any of it.

yup it is a sickness... but it does have it's moments... my x-brother in laws truck carpet was a perfect match for Golden Stones on the McCloud. The more he lost, and he lost plenty, the more had begged me tye... the bigger the hole got in his carpet ....he never got it, thought it was squirrels. Couldn't figure how they got into a locked truck ....

I tried to warn my sister
    Harry Mason
    www.troutflies.com

Blog Entries

Perhaps instead of stuffing, just make a rug out of him, and hang him on the wall.

Check your local second hand store for nice mink cuffs and collars off coats from the 50's and 60's nice fur and not expensive.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread