+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toon, float or kayak?

Ok, so I take it's between a v shape tube or a toon. I have no space for a kayak and my back is not exactly 100%. I'm still in the process of saving money to get one of the mentioned so I got time to research and look around. I saw a u tube on CL for $ 50 but I will wait so I can get something a bit better.
    Thanks TONS ladies and gents.
    I believe I can fly fish

Why hasn't anyone mentioned a canoe yet?

Money is an issue, maybe that's why nobody did, I can't spend more than a couple of hundred bucks or so. Storage is also a problem.

A store near home carries a Caddis Navigator, it is v shaped and only $ 79.99. Of course, I will also have to spend money on the waders but it's a start.
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 10-20-2009 at 11:52 PM.
    I believe I can fly fish

Sierra Trading Post sometimes has good deals on tubes and toons. Very limited selection (basically, closeouts from manufacturers I think). But I've seen some great deals.

5. Default

Google "ODC 420"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_IA View Post
    Google "ODC 420"
    Very popular tube!

Ok, so that means the caddis is not exactly the best.
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 10-21-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    I believe I can fly fish

You are the one who has to define "Best" it may be the best buy but not the top performer. I have noticed that some people don't let price become an object, I think some of these are guides and using equipment almost daily make quality all the more important. Until I make my second million, I have to watch price and I mainly fish when it please me and the weather is decent.

I love my Fishcat LCS 4, it is frameless mini pontoon and weighs about the same as my round tube. That said it cost quite a bit more than my Caddis round tube which has been pretty much trouble free.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

I just got back from 2 weeks on lakes and the ODC420 design and ones like it were everywhere. My wife and I have not used our pontoon boats all summer since we bought them. We could put each of our "boats" in the camper filled with air and drive to the next lake, pull them out of the back and go fishing. We did that 10 times in two weeks I think.

Right on! I understand what you are saying. We use to go on trips and be spending 30 minutes to an hour inflating and deflating, putting rods together and so on.
    We got smart this year and put the receiver on the back of the camping trailer:

We were even able to put the rods together with flies so every thing was ready to go. (I take three rods out with me, one with floating, one with a slow sink, and one with a fast sink)
    PVC tube on the bottom of the flat bed trailer, lay the rods in and go.
    Took us like 5 to 10 minutes to get on the water. BIG difference.

+ Reply to Thread