8T's and DG, fine posts indeed. Some of us do confuse a Need and a Want. I did find the Barracuda on sale and I just couldn't let it sit there, it was calling my name.

Since my wife and daughter both tie from time to time, not sure on selling any of the back ups. Also have a second home, might just leave a vise there instead of hauling things back and forth like I do now. Will keep the Peak and the DanVise will probably go to the trout shack to stay.

All of the above vises were fine products, like I said, it had nothing to do with Need.

I did find a nice vise, a AA knock off for $8.00 that I am thinking of buying the neighbor kid. I also found a complete tool kit for $14, scissors, bodkin, stacker, bobbin, whip finisher, hackle pliers. Now for $22 plus some shipping I can start the neighbor kid on the road to financial ruin. HA

In all seriousness, it's a grand hobby and very relaxing indeed. It's 4:30 am and I have already tied a half doz flies this morning. It's fun when the whole family fishes, I have to go through a few flies with the kids sticking them in trees but it gives me a reason to play with the toys.