This is confusing, but I'll do my best.

1. The Mustad 'classic' hooks are still available. We sell them evey day and Mustad has plenty in their warehouse. They're not in our catalog, but still on our website.

2. They are not planning on manufacturing these any more -- except in some models, a couple that come to mind that are not scheduled to change/convert are the 37160, 9174, 36890, 33903, 92158 and 37187. (I'm sure there are others, just not sure what they are.)

3. The Signature series are 'chemically' sharpened rather than physically sharpened and will have a sharper point.

4. Of the ones replaced, they will now have the Signature designations, as some of you have noted. It is true that the 94840 will now be the R50-94840.

5. IT IS NOT TRUE THAT THE OLD AND NEW WILL BE THE EXACT SAME!!! In other words, a 94840 and an R50-94840 may NOT be 'necessarily' identical in proportion. That's right, Mustad has 'tweaked' some of the new ones to make the proportions 'correct' (correct is their word, not mine).

6. I do not have a list of which hooks were tweaked and don't think there is a list available.

I hope all of you are now as confused as I was!!!!!!!!

Ron