Well, I will answer what I know. The deal stand to get on the 2008 is a good one. New they went for over 800 and the 2009 model is over 900. I got a 2009 for the price of a 2008. So, under 800 on the 08 is a good deal.

My 5 year old son fits perfect in mine. I just need a folding camp chair for him to sit on. He can toward the front and hang on to the cross bar.

I have put mine in the water twice since I had it and its very smooth and stable. Paddles great. Tracks well. Easy to control while fishing.

As for the salt, I don't know. I do know however that there are no scuppers. So, if you get water in it, the water is in it until you get to shore and turn it over. IT does have a drain plug in the gunwale so when you turn it over to drain it will actually drain. A sit on top will have scuppers and will work better in the surf - at least that's my understanding. I do anticipate taking mine to the beach on vacation but for inshore flats fishing for reds and specs and not in any chop. Don't know about the spray skirts. Probably will not get any for mine.

So far, I really like mine. Its everything I have read and been told it is. Its also relatively light weight - 60 lbs with seat - and I can lift it to the top of a Chevy Yukon by myself without getting a hernia (yet!)

Hope all this rambling helps.