Quote Originally Posted by Jim Flamming View Post
That's the one. I bought it because I am slowly learning that my lack of a woodworking shop means that building things from scratch is seldom worth it for me. By the time I trek back and forth to the neighbors to use his shop to build something I could have the item here and be completing the real projects. Neighbor and I are building a rough beveler now using our own design ideas plus borrowing a couple design features we saw on that beveler at the Mason show. That beveler costs $625 delivered. By the time I bought a router, three fluted bit, UHMW for the roughing form, and all the other parts and pieces, I had over $300 into the project. Then add the HOURS we have spent dinking with it trying to make it "perfect" (we still are not finished), and I can honestly say that the smartest thing I could have done was just bought the stupid beveler. I would have had several blanks tapered by now! As it stands the winter is almost over and I have no blanks to show for it. Life lesson - I need to do a better job of picking my battles!

So after that experience, the extra $100 it probably cost me to have someone else build this wrapper was well worth it to me.
About $15.00 worth of materials, an afternoon in the shop, cool rod wrapper...priceless...at least for me.

I do understand where you ar coming from on the beveler. I have been working on a rough beveler off and on for 2 years. I think it is going to make a great pile of kindling...

Brad