As Bubba stalked that 8" brookie, he kept thinking, if I could just get a little closer I know I can bring him to my 24" net.

He finally, after two hours of stalking, reached the optimum position to present his dressed #10 Muddler Minnow. This was it, the moment of truth!
His Muddler plopped, the trophy brookie took immediately. Bubba, being totally stoked, ripped his hook set upward, striking the broken tree immediately above him and sent it crashing down on his all ready throbbing noggin!

As he lay soaked to the bone in his penultimate stretch of home waters, with a big knot forming on his upper cranium, he exlaimed "this is what fly fishing is all about".

He slowly dragged himself to dry land, ripped open his humongous backpack (which contained a full case of Budweiser) and sated his wicked thirst and cursed the fly fishing gods! After about 10 of those "King of Beers" he attained philisophical Nirvana and stumbled back to his Corolla shouting "you'll come to an untimely end my fontanalis friend, when your belly meets my buttery frying pan!

He thought, while attempting to keep the "trout wagon" on his side of the road, "this is a day I will never forget"!