I am with you, 8wt. Convince people that they need specialized toys, then sell them those toys at a substantial markup. Ah, I LOVE marketing! Not.

Amazing how people EVER caught a fish without all these gee-whiz super-specialized left-handed brown trout rising to dry flies no larger than 16 and no smaller than 20, on water flowing 1.3 to 1.8 miles per hour, from left to right, on cloudy days with the air temperature between 65 and 77 setups. Oh, I forgot, there is a SPECIAL setup if you are more than 6'2" tall or less than 5'7", and you need to adjust the action of the rod and get a special line taper if you live south of 36 degrees of latitude (Coriolis affects presentation, you know). Next year, the lines will be calibrated for actual latitude, so you will probably need one for each river that you fish (I mean, above and beyond the river-right versus river-left lines) . And this year's stuff will be crap, of course, since the new stuff is so much better.

I resolved to be less cynical in 2009. I think I am doing well.

Clay, I am happy that you have found your niche, and that people have found you to sell you things.