SOM -

Interesting challenge you have dreamed up for yourself. Are you sure you were awake in that hotel room at 4:00 a.m. ??

I haven't fished in your neck of the woods ( streams ), but I do have a "down and dirty" wet fly / nymph that I wouldn't leave home without. Similar flies have been shown or mentioned in other threads by folks from around the country, so it is fair to assume that it will work on your waters also.

Simply put - a soft hackled pheasant tail.

Simply tied - tie in copper wire for the ribbing; tie in 3-4 pheasant tail fibers with a suitable length hanging off the bend for the tail; using an electrician's clip or hackle plier, twist the fibers to be used for the body to strengthen the bunch and enhance segmentation of the abdomen; wrap the p.t. fibers forward to about the 1/3 point on the shank and tie off; counter wrap the copper wire to rib the abdomen and tie off; tie in a couple pieces of peacock herl, wrap it a two or three times to form the thorax, and tie off; tie in an appropriately sized hen hackle by the tip, wrap as many times as necessary to get the hackle effect you want, and tie off.

Tie these in the size you need for your local blue wing olives and other mayflies and caddis if they are in the system you are fishing.

You can fish them as a nymph or on a down and across presentation as a wet fly. At the end of the swing, let them hang for several seconds before picking up.

Looking forward to what others will contribute to your fly box.

John