+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any Good Rivers near Dawson Springs Ky?

Question Any Good Rivers near Dawson Springs Ky?

Hi all,
    I'm planning on being at a star party (astronomy campout) in the Pennyrile Start Park near Dawson Springs in western Ky mid-week next week. If the weather turns out bad, cloudy or worse, I'd like to explore fishing in the area. I see there is a Treadwater River, East Fork river, Sugar Creek, Mcknight Creek, and a couple of lakes. Does anyone know anything about any of these rivers or creeks? Or have suggestions about other near by river.

Joe

BTW, just to close the loop on this one. The answer is no, there are no good revers near Dawson Springs Ky. I'm told that all of the available rivers are too deep to wade and the spots that might have been wadeable are dry (no rain in the last 6 weeks or so). And the if there are wadeable spots you will be fight off snakes! Could be locals guarding their favorite spots but who wants to deal with snakes while on vaction?

If you want to fish in Western Ky go to the Twin Lakes or boat fish the lakes in the state parks.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSkyGuy View Post
    BTW, just to close the loop on this one. The answer is no, there are no good revers near Dawson Springs Ky. I'm told that all of the available rivers are too deep to wade and the spots that might have been wadeable are dry (no rain in the last 6 weeks or so). And the if there are wadeable spots you will be fight off snakes! Could be locals guarding their favorite spots but who wants to deal with snakes while on vaction?
    I could be wrong, but maybe the locals don't mind the snakes. Isn't Kentucky where all the churches are that like to handle rattle snakes as part of worship?

+ Reply to Thread