Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
Slate -

The question I have is - how well does the product serve you before you have to ask for customer service ?? To my way of thinking, prompt customer service is fine, but if you need it because the product just doesn't stand up to being used, what is it really worth. A great product more than makes up for having to wait a few extra days for service, if and when it is needed.

John
My wife got about 2x the wear out of her Bailey's that I did out of my Simms under the exact same conditions.

I'm not slamming Simms, just saying that Bailey's is a lot quicker, which equates to better customer service. Simms isn't bad, they just aren't as good. I'll start slamming them in a month if I still don't have my waders back and I have to go out an buy another pair (which will be Bailey's) to start my almost month long flyfishing vacation.

And to be honest, I've gotten the same product life from Orvis, Simms, Hodgeman and some cheap-o brand that I can't remember the name of. Overall, Orvis has had the best customer service I've experienced. I take them back to the store I bought them from, tell the owner I have a leak and he gives me a brand new pair, turn around time about 5 minutes.

I got tired of leaky waders and figured I would try a different brand since I'm happy with my Simms wading jacket and numerous other outterwear articles I have. Turns out that all breathable waders pretty much suck when it comes to durability in my eyes and I need to stick to brand that I can easily have replaced when they inevitability fail.