I have learned many things on this board and I am still learning. I knew that there was a difference in regular fishing line between pound test and what it's IFGA class is.

I didn't know that tippet material was different than regular spooled material. I did know that I sure didn't want to spend $8 for a leader. Like John Scott, I bought of bunch of the Dai-Riki leaders for 55 cents each. That was a steal and the material has been good. I have been putting Vanish on the end of both the 7 1/2' and the 9' leaders to increase their length.

I wish that labeling had more truth in advertising. They really don't want us to be able to compare apples and apples. They want us to buy off of image many times. Damn marketing people - OH, I was one of those guys for many years.

It's nice that they tell us these days on most spools what the aver diameter even is. In the old days they never listed that. A standard, hardness and abrassion rating would be wonderful as well as how much the line varies in diameter or how tight the tolerances are on the line would be great. I just don't think that we will ever see this kind of info since they will say that their formulas are proprietary.

If we really knew more we would be able to see different lines with the same specs at vastly different price points. Again, those marketing types are at work. What will the market bare if we put this product in this store and call it X. Venting once more. I'm about to get over it since I am about out the door with my fly rod in hand.

Rick