Thread: Crash Course

Threaded View

Well I went fishing last night and gave it another shot. I followed your advice and I picked spots that where more in line with your criteria. I located some pretty nice fishing spots on the river. I ended up catching 3 fish, a 4 inch, 10 inch, and 17 inch rainbow trout on a Green Stimulator 12 (I didnt have orange in my collection). Thanks for the help guys you saved me a lot of crap and I am in your debt . JohnScott thanks for the advice on the book i think i will take it. I've known how to cast correctly (Even though it is a never ending learning process and there is always room for improvement) for some time now. I said i "Can" cast 40' not I did sorry for not being clear on that. Only time I really need that kind of distance is fishing largemouth with a good distance to cover (many times :/, Bass on a flyrod is fun). I would say i never exceeded 20' on the river. I used that as more of a way of letting you guys know it was not so much my cast but everything else (not being cocky, I just cast by the book and wanted help on the other aspects.) Even though I am having a hard time with the reach cast. I read about it and watched a video i practiced it in an open field before i hit the river, (and i got it to work) but my fly still seems to lag behind so i get a wake, especially when i land in still water between the seams. I guess i have some kinks to work out. I think i may just get a guide for a 1/2 day. One thing is ceartain, I am hooked on river fishing.
    Last edited by manhex; 07-16-2008 at 05:10 PM.