+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Power Boats!

Remember those red flags for bicycles that were big in the 70's and 80's? There's a variation of them available now for kayaks to help get something a bit higher off the water where maybe the boaters might see it flapping around...

Though the story below about the boat with the Delta flag posted makes me wonder if it's worth the effort...

I've got one of those red flags on a glass pole mounted on the stern of my Hobie. Every little bit helps. We like to paddle on a full moon in the summer. Have to have headlamps and I have reflective tape on my paddle blades. Something moving like the paddle blades is more noticable than something sitting still. A lot of paddles are white or yellow for visability. The best site I have found for kayak fishing is http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/
    Great folks, good products, and they will talk to you.
    See you on the trail, Grunt

Kayak Fishing Stuff has a great selection...and they have some boat lights designed for kayaks (since you mentioned night paddling). Around here, those lights are required if visibility is below some minimum (I don't recall the exact details since I don't go out in that kind of crud).

I don't have a flag on my Hobie yet but I've been thinking about it. Haven't encountered any stupid boaters yet and normally fish on places that limit boats to electric motors so it's hard for them to zoom past...

+ Reply to Thread