One problem I have every once in a while especially with packages is they come to the door and if your not home they leave a notice. Then you have to go to the PO to pick it up. Sometimes although they say they left a notice, they have not. So if i'm expecting something, I have to go down to the post office and check.

At christmas they left me a notice to pick up my parcel anytime after 1:00 pm. I arrived at 4pm and was told, we are way behind, you cannot expect us to keep up with the Christmas rush. I said the pickup time is hand written on the notice, couldn' you tell the guy to add a day to make it more realistic? Answer .... no its against the rules to let the customers know we might be slow. hahahahaha That made my day all by itself.

Its the guberment Dude. ya just have to wait. Thats why its called snail mail.

It works both ways too. I ordered some books via amazon. They claim 3 day delivery in the states. But I ordered them on the 8th of Feb and they gave me a delivery date of March 3rd. These are the folks used to dealing with the Canadian mail system.

It may also be because some rivers up here are in the spring breakup stage and some are still frozen. The post office may be in that transition stage between dog sled and pony express delivery modes.

MY sister is a shift supervisor in the Post office. hahaha