Quote Originally Posted by ty1on88 View Post
Hello all,
What a great site here! I'm a noob from MO with a question about vises. I have been tying flies off and on for about 15 years (the military keeps me from it once in a while). I am looking for a new vise, have been using a Thompson style vise. Any opinions on the DanVise or any other rotary vise for under $100? Or, should I stick with the Thompson? Would like to start tying bass and other panfish flies....
ty1on88,

Welcome to FAOL. Be prepared for a plethora of suggestions on how to spend your money. We have as many opinions here as we have members, and every one of them is correct!

IMO, the Danvise is a good buy for the money. It should last you for many years with minimal maintenance, and you should be able to handle a wide range of hook sizes. You can purchase that vise from BT Tying supplies, a sponsor on this website, and they can give you excellent information that may not be covered here. They can be found at http://flyanglersonline.com/about/bts/

Good luck, and thanks for your service to our country. There are a lot of vets on this site.

Joe