+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HOLY CARP, 25 yrs What was she thinking..?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Wink HOLY CARP, 25 yrs What was she thinking..?

25 Yrs tomorrow, what was that girl thinking? I thought she would have culled me a longtime ago, she must have known that I was too tough and stringy for any one else and took some pity on me, keeping me out of the MP DB (Detention Barracks).

Well heres to hoping that the tough old trout, keeps me for at least 50 more.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Congratulations. Old Dogs like us are just comfortable to have around, which is probably why she's hanging on to you. We're fiercely loyal and let em know when someone's at the door, and we'll eat anything they throw in our bowl.

Have a great celebration of a quarter century of marital wonderment. Take your sweetie someplace with cloth napkins for dinner.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Ray -

Congratulations to you and your gal !!

John
    The fish are always right.

Thumbs up

Congrats on your 25th!
    It's a time for both of you to be proud of supporting & respecting one another for a long time. Many more!!!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Congrats, Sir!!
    I've got ya' beat, as far as "being married for 25 years", and....................wait.......... YOU'RE talking about "to the SAME woman", though, aren't you? Never mind, then.
    Seriously, in this day and age, where "the average American marriage last an average of 3.4 years", your feat is truly one to be VERY proud of!
    As he usually is, Joe V. is right on the mark, as to why they keep us around after awhile. Although, he DID forget that once they get us trained, who in their right mind, wants to go through it AGAIN?
    Just, remember, it's the LADIES that say this, NOT we MEN.............. "All the GOOD MEN, are already taken"!!
    If you do take her out, to a place, where your meal doesn't come on a tray, or wrapped in paper, try your best to use all your utensils!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

On our 25th anniv. (Silver anniv.) I took my wife fishing,, for SILVER SALMON!

Question

Ray,
    LOVE is BLIND?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

Smile

Flyfishfairwx I am in total awe on anyone with courage enough to call his wife a tough old trout. This May 23rd I will have been married for 40 years. In any of those 40 years had I called my little parsnip flower a tough old trout, my hide would be hanging from some old shed wall.

Perhaps You had better order a nice vintage wine to go with that four fork dinner.

Congrats on beating the average marriage length x 6 by the way.

It seems that fly fishermen know which ones are keepers and which ones arent.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

"tough old trout"?!?! "little parsnip flower"?!?!? OMG!! no wonder you guys have been married as long as you have! You both have incredible wives!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Talking Names??

WELL,,lets see, She was, and is, a ranch girl. Yes dear, Darlin', Love of my life, NICE WORDS!!!! She can still throw hay bales around so after 33 years last June 8th, If I'm going to pick on her, it is "OUT OF HER REACH"!!

Congrats on your 25 years!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

+ Reply to Thread