Joe;

It's no problem at all, I've had this set-up for years.

The first decent day we get, I'll uncover it an take good closeups for you. It's winterized at present, not much need for it here in S. Jersey.

I go tired of "spinning" in a breeze; that means with the battery, motor and my a** in the back, it rode with the bow somewhat raised and the wind could spin you like a top. So, from a friend's set-up I reversed the head on the trolling motor, ran red and black #8 wire up the gunwhale, mounted two studs (bolts) where you see them just over the registration number, put large battery terminals on the wire for the battery, retained the aligator clips on the motor and voila.......I sit in the front and everything balances out.

I also noticed that standing in the rear at the widest point was somewhat wobbly, but in the front at the narrowest point, I can rock the boat at will and it won't tip. Go figure.

Now, I forgot to mention, this is only the Lowe L'il Jon, 12x36.

When you're sitting, you reach out, without even straightening your full arms-length and stear or whatever, when you stand just adjust the motor handle up and you can cast, fish and adjust position with no problem.

I hope this helps, Joe. If you have any questions, email me at jsentell@snip.net and I'll be glad to help.

Regards, Jim