+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotary vice

Default Rotary vice

Thinking of buying a new rotary vice for my limited experience in flytying. Any info. would be apreciated.
    thanks Tony C.

Default Re: Rotary vice

Tony,
    Take a look at the Dan Vice. Al Beatty, a sponsor here, deals in them. I think it is a good, all around rotary vice for a good price. Regards...
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Blog Entries

Tony

I have used a Griffen Rotary vise for the last couple of years and it is good if you are still getting the hang of it, but the Dan Vise is great.

Used my sunrise for almost 15 yrs and no problems..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Barracuda by DynaKing is a great rotary vise. It's expecially good for tying larger flies like saltwater flies and big streamers. It's about $350. There are several models of the Barracuda. Here is a link to their website. http://www.dyna-king.com/flyvise.asp?pv=0
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Normand Guest

renzetti traveller.

Give this thread a day or two, and every rotary vise will be listed here. I have the Renzetti traveler (cam style head), and heard that the Peak vise is a little less costly but performs the same.

Best advise I can suggest is to evaluate all of them in your price range, and try to tie on each of them to make your final decision. I think they are all good, but each has little nuances that tickle our fancies differently.

Here's a pretty good review of rotary vises under $150. http://flyfishohio.com/Vise%20Review%20 ... ot-Out.htm

Good luck!

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic
    Give this thread a day or two, and every rotary vise will be listed here. I have the Renzetti traveler (cam style head), and heard that the Peak vise is a little less costly but performs the same.

Best advise I can suggest is to evaluate all of them in your price range, and try to tie on each of them to make your final decision. I think they are all good, but each has little nuances that tickle our fancies differently.

Here's a pretty good review of rotary vises under $150. http://flyfishohio.com/Vise%20Review%20 ... ot-Out.htm

Good luck!

Joe
    Joe is that what these are called "thread" that is funny because some or most of us are fly tyers and of course fishers... What you say is so true, I look forward to getting some good info on rotarys ...Thanks Tonyc...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

8. Default Re: Rotary vice

I just picked up a Dan Vise for 69 bucks. Can't beat it for the price, I like it alot.

Blog Entries

Get one,,,You'll like it.
    Chris
    "There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot."-Steven Wright
    http://fishiesonthefly.blogspot.com/

Be sure to look at and/or try the Peak vise. It's priced less than some of the big names - but I've tried them all (or most anyway) and like it the best.

Greg

+ Reply to Thread