Bill (DeSavage) has a Cabela's Genesis 6 wt. He thinks it should have been marked as an 8wt. He finds it to be stiff!

At the 2006 Michigan Fish-In I was trying to learn to cast with it and JC tried it out, trying to help figure out why I was having trouble. He disliked it so much he gave me a Scientific American 5 wt as my own first rod. I couldn't believe the difference in ease of casting.

Of course the Scientific American doesn't come anywhere near casting as nice as the Reddington 5 wt I won in the drawing at the casting contest! Gloat, gloat :<)

I'm not really bragging, just a very happy camper that I won such a beautiful rod. I actually felt sort of guilty when I won it because JC had just given me the SA the day before. Oh well, we don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and I took it as a sign that this is something I'm supposed to do, especially since Betty Hiner had also given me a pair of wading boots.

I'm now pretty much ready for this year's Michigan Fish-In. I don't have waders yet, I'm hoping to win this month's contest to get those. Jean