oldcane,

In my area of East Texas, the common stocking rate for BG/RES is 1000 per acre usually in a 75/25 or 80/20 mix.

As related to artificial feeding, the rule of thumb I use is feed them the amount of feed they will clean up in no more than 10 minutes...some use 15 minutes but I find that causes wasted feed....which as you know, isn't cheap and worse it can contribute to water quality problems. The actual amount will vary. It will be relatively light at first as the fish become accoustomed to the feeding and increase as their size and propensity to eat pellets increases. You don't want to feed a fixed amount because that may not be appropriate...start light and increase up to the 10 minute limit, would be my advice.

Stock the BG/RES and fatheads as soon as they are available in your area. Wait until fall or better yet next spring to stock your predators. I can never be patient enough to wait that long, but if you can wait, it is better to get that forage well established first. Good luck and welcome to the pond meister club...like fly fishing, it can be addictive!