Howdy from the Texas coast. Just updated my log in so I could respond to this.

Port O'Conner has fishing guides who guide saltwater and fly fishing. Lots of kayaak waters also. Only problem there is you really need a boat to fish out of POC. However, there ARE places just west of the town itself where you can get ready access to good water - Boggy Slough comes to mind- It's called that for a reason If you wade it, be prepared for mud.

Used to be an outfit in Rockport named Capt Sally's outfitters, who guided flyfishing and rented kayaks. Don't know if she's still active or not. Search for Rockport Texas fishing.

Texas Kayak fishermen can answer many questions about the area.

Try to get a Topspot fishing map of the Rockport/Port Aransas/Aransas Pass area. You'll see many many miles of wade fishing shown.

There is a lodge on Copano Bay, just before you reach Rockport on Hwy 35, that specialize in flyfishermen. Also, just after you cross the bridge heading towards Rockport there are places you can park and wade the bay- quite few miles of wadefishing available there.

If you are planning this area, let me know and I'll try to get web sites and or phone numbers for you. My wife sells her artwork through a gallery in Rockport and we are down there occasionally. Can't really help you anywhere south of Rockport/Port A.