You guys made me feel better with your old boats, because mine is supposed to be a 1957 Ouachita. Thats what the revenue office says it is, but I'm not sure how they came up with that. The serial number on the boat is a serial number issued by my state that they give out to either homemade boats, boats in which the serial number has been lost or for boats that didn't have a serial number. I haven't been able to find any pics to compare it too. What I like about it is that it is shaped like the old timey wooden jon boats that they used on float trips before aluminum boats became popular.. The guy I bought it from has already sanded it down and primered it(said it had about 20 coats of paint on it), but in hard to get places it looks like it was originally a bluish green, more blue than the common olive drab they put on them today. I'd like to try to paint it as close to that as possible, but with a flat type of paint. I don't want it to look too good where I have to start worrying about scratches. If not that color, I'm going to just use the flat olive drab, then I can always touch it up with spray paint. I'm not sure what kind of primer the previous owner used, but it looks like its sticking pretty well. I'll rough it up with the sos pad, then add a little more primer. I'm going to first wash it with a good degreaser, and then with vineger. Thanks.!!!!!