... his first time using the PSC ( from a Visitor Message last month ):

"I have to tell you about my day. I used my usual flies and the fish showed no interest. So I had a couple PSC in "sculpin olive". The first one I tried, insisted on floating (I know you use a sink tip line), so I had one I had tied on a small jig head. I was shocked when my indicator did not go down, it went sideways by 6" before I could set the hook. Nice rainbow that jumped twice then broke off by 4x and disapeared with my fly. So I tied on the unweighted with a split shot and caught 1 more nice bow with the indicator and then switching to fishing it as a streamer hooked 2 more, one I got to hand. I went to the next hole and had 3 more vicious strikes, one trout was huge, came to the top and shook his massive head, the fly popped out. The hook had partially straightened! I wanted to let you know how successful your fly was for me, and to ask if anyone had mentioned using a weighted version. Thanks- Jeff"

Regarding Jeff's question about a weighted version, I have seen an almost identical fly using a cone head called the Pine Cone. It has been around for a number of years.

Jeff used the fly with several different presentations - he made it his own and made it work for him. That's what it is all about.

John