+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Quaker Swap

Received the flies last night. Excellant work by everyone, very nice. I figured that I would try Diane's yummy-looking streamer for landlocks this morning on the way to work. After a few drifts.....I sure am glad that she posted the pattern(I guess that I was fishing deep enough!)

I can see that I need to do some more tying befor I try to run w/ the big dogs

Thanks for the experience and, I'm game for next year if it's a go!

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

Came home form work today and to me delight had a package of great flies awaiting me. GREAT JOB everyone!!! These are some great looking bugs! I hope that this becomes a annual event, was a blast

Diane thanks for putting this swap on, and a speical thanks to TOBY for suppling the feathers

lets go fishin
    Toby

I am hoping someone is planning on posting some pictures. I been watching this swap and hoping someone would be able to.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Don, I'll post some photos either in the next few days or sometime next week. I'm glad we can entertain you!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane, thanks for a great swap - this was fun, it was really neat to see the creativity of all the tyers - Mike

flies received! fantastic job to everyone who tied for this swap. all these flies look great, and i cant wait to fish some of these patterns.

thanks for hosting, diane. and i, too, hope that this will be an annual swap. great fun.

ps--thanks to Toby for so generously donating the necessary materials for this swap. we owe you, buddy !
    ------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

[This message has been edited by tyflier (edited 18 November 2005).]

Flies arrived in Toronto today. Some very nice work! I'll take them to the tying club to show how a swap brings results and helps one learn.

I sure enjoyed the swap and the great flys that came in the mail today but, the real question is "what did Toby think of them?". Great meistering job Diane and look forward to swapping with everyone again.....Jason

The photos are in another thread, folks. Figured it would be easier for people to see them that way. Great flies.. thanks again for playing.

Diane

------------------
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-WOW---What A Ride!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

+ Reply to Thread