+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Quaker Swap

OK, folks. So far I only have flies from Mike and feenom. If you haven't put them in the mail yet now is the time. If you're having a problem meeting the deadline, let us know.

Diane
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane

The emergers were mailed a couple of days ago. I hoped they would have already arrived, but they should be there in a day or two

Lets go fishin
    Antron Midge

------------------
    ....fly tying is the next best thing to fishing; it is the sort of licking of the lips that eases a thirsty man in the desert

Arthur Ransome

IM SO SORRY!! i spaced. ive been working on renovating the hotel i work in, and simply lost track of time. flies will be airborn tomorrow. promise.

------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

My flies were sent Monday, Oct. 31st (local mail). My fly is, Toby's QT Nymph, size20. It doesn't stand for 'cutie', and you will know why when you see the fly. Smallest and hardest I have tied to this date. For the veterans, it should be quite easy. It will catch fish. Guarenteed!

------------------
    Land Em',
    Carp

Flies are on there way...rushed a bit to get em there....so the absence of tags will have to be forgiven......which bites me.....one of my personal peves is taggless flies.....

my handwritting is illedgeible.....and the one thing I can not find, And fear lost in the move is the cord to my printer....so please forgive me this 1 time.....I promise....It shall never happen again...

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

Everyone wants to excel in this sport but at the same time we let traditionalists place restrictions on our tactics, methods, and ideas. I always assumed that fly fishing was a sport that allowed imagination, creation, adaptation, investigation, dedication, education, revelation? : Fox Statler, On Spinners (Not the dainty Dry Fly kind) "Spinner'd Minner Fly"

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

Flyingcarp's QT Nymphs came in today. They're amazingly small and I think they'll be great for December trout.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane, Glad they made it. So much for the one day turn on local mail.
    Jeff

You have mail

flies are enroute...

------------------
    Everyone dies. Only the lucky ever truly Live. Take your time.

Chris-Bishop, CA, USA

I'm waiting for the last two sets to come in and then I'll ship them out to everyone. In a couple of hours I'm going to go and get some surgery to deal with kidney stones but should be home tonight or tomorrow morning. In case I'm out of it for a few days, thanks in advance for your patience.

Diane

Diane

hope the surgery goes well, I have dealt witht he old "stones" myself, they are not fun

lets go fishin
    Toby

------------------
    ....fly tying is the next best thing to fishing; it is the sort of licking of the lips that eases a thirsty man in the desert

Arthur Ransome

+ Reply to Thread