+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The FAOL Game

Time's up.
    Snow under the hat, but not on the ground.
    Ties own flies, but fishes'em......though NOT very well.
    NPTPMH been skunked recently.....THAT oughta open it up some.

Skunked last two times out, but the fishing was great. Next peerson must have back cast a fish into the area behind him (her) when they set the hook in reaction to a strike.

It's those pesky bluegill I tell ya - about 2" long hitting anything that moves

TNPTP is planning on attending a fishing show of some sort this weekend - fly, spin, boat, tying, etc included.

------------------
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - "WOW-What a Ride!"
    Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

No can do, but your "must do" brought a smile. Ironically, Monday we recieved in the mail, a $2 off coupon for the show we just attended last w/e.

I'm heading to the Somerset, NJ show on Saturday.
    The next poster carries over 1000 flies in thier vest.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

Ray - that's too easy? ONLY a thousand flies? How can anybody possibly ffish for fussy trouts with so few?

I might have a thousand flies just in the dangly boxes and thangs I wear, and the vest must weigh 25 lbs - and I don't use weight.

The NPTP has to recycle leader and tippets. I usually pick up mono from parking lots and trees just to save birds and landowners the grief. But the last few years, I realized that with 8X, the heavier sections of the leader don't have to be too strong. Plus old abandoned leader is usually nice and dull, so no flashes to spook the fish.
    It's fun to figure how to splice together the various sections to make a workable leader. Sometimes I have to fill in with new, virgin stuff, but only under duress. Now it's taking me a long time to use up the dozens of spools that I bought here and there.

tl
    les

[This message has been edited by lesyoung (edited 25 January 2006).]

les,

Well,I recycle some mono that I find in a local sports shop junk bin where apparently people have their spinning reels relined for the upcoming season. I generally get a good supply of the heavier 4 to 20 pound stuff.

NPTPMH used a fly successfully that they are too ashamed to admit.

Allan

now that I tie, using a store bought pattern that I can tie (cdc wing comparadun) or any other store bought pattern, I am ashamed to say when it works (as it did on the Frying Pan in October.

np that has fished a fly I have tied in one of the FAOL swaps I've participated in...

not trying to stump, but I've participated in a few

------------------
    Tight lines,

Jeremy Barela
    [url=http://www.danica.com/flytier/jbarela/jbarela.htm:6fb67]jeremy's flies[/url:6fb67]

Time's up

(while waiting for the machine to spit out some numbers for me ...)

TNPTP has to have gotten a good "fright" from wildlife while flyfishing

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:d9f82]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:d9f82]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:d9f82]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:d9f82]
    Christopher Chin

hehe, I got a good one - I was in Yellowstone fishing, and I heard thunder, but when I looked up, the sky was as blue and cloudless and one could imagine.
    I peaked downstream at my brother, and he was looking at me with eyes the size of saucers. He was looking at a buffalo that decided I was fishing in his watering spot. I slowly slipped up the stream and out of his way and he came down, stood in my footprings and commenced to drinking water.

TNPTP has had a catch taken by wildlife (other fish included)

+ Reply to Thread